|Set up a Cake Tasting|
We are located
in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If the facility were your reception is held requires a vendor fee which
Below are a list of questions
that brides usually ask.
1. Do you offer Cake Tastings/Consultations? Yes. We offer one complimentary cake tasting for up to three people. If an additonal consultation is needed, there is a $25.00 charge. Whenever you set up an appointment for your cake tasting, we offer a variety of the most popular flavors. This link will provide helpful information about our cake tastings: Set up a Cake Tastings
How far in advance should I order my cake?
3. Is a deposit required to order my wedding cake? Yes. The order will not be confirmed and the wedding date secured until we have received a deposit and written an order/contract explaining all details of the cake and delivery information. You will be given a copy of the order/contract. A 25% non refundable deposit is required before a date can be held. Final payment for the cake is due two weeks before the wedding date.
4. Is there a delivery charge for delivering the wedding cake? Yes, there is a delivery charge for the time involved in delivering and setting up the cake. The delivery charge is $45.00 within Buncombe County. Out of Buncombe County is based on the distance, but usually ranges from $60 to $100 for surrounding counties. Placing the flowers on the cake is included in this charge. However, if the flowers are not at the reception site at the agreed delivery time, we are not able to wait for the flowers to arrive. In this case, arrangments should be made for the florist to place the flowers on the cake.
5. After I have ordered the cake and paid a deposit, when is the balance due? The balance for the wedding cake is due at least 14 days before the wedding date. If you request it, we will be glad to send a notice a few weeks before showing the final balance due. We cannot deliver your wedding cake if a final payment has not been received.
6. Can I pick up my wedding cake? Yes, you can choose to pick up the wedding cake. In fact, we do not usually offer delivery on small wedding cakes (delivery requires a $300.00 minimum order.) Please be advised that we are not responsible for a wedding cake that is picked up and damaged after it leaves Sweet Promises.
7. Can I have more than one flavor for my wedding cake? Yes. This is a great idea. For a three tiered cake, we allow up to two flavors. On four tiered cakes, we allow up to three flavor choices without an extra charge.
8. Can I use fresh flowers on the cake? If you choose to use fresh flowers, just make sure to let your florist know that the flowers for the cake should be organic, if possible.